Please download an application (in PDF format). Complete and submit along with college transcripts and resume via email or fax to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 480-563-4112
Most desired areas of expertise:
- High school level math, science and high school "generalists"
- Foreign languages (notably Latin)
- Standardized Test Prep, including SAT, ACT, HSPT (High School Placement Test)
- Executive Function trainers to help students with development of organization, time-management, problem-solving and other essential skills (Psychology, Social Work, or similar advanced degree required)
- Specialized, Multisensory Reading Specialists, trained in such programs as Wilson, Lindamood-Bell, Spaulding
- Early childhood/elementary educators; former and current certified teachers
- Writing experts (must provide writing samples)
Interested in tutoring?
On-Track is regularly seeking highly qualified educators and professionals who are enthusiastic and dedicated to educating the Valley's kids and teens! Past tutoring or teaching experience is an asset, but not necessary. Candidates do need to be passionate about education and have demonstrated teaching abilities. All selected tutors must have reliable transportation and agree to background checks and/or have a State of Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card. After school, evening, weekend, and some day-time hours are available depending on specialty.
PLEASE NOTE: most tutoring is done in-home, in the North Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and Central Phoenix areas.
Why tutor with On-Track?
- TOP industry pay: We recognize that the best tutors deserve the best pay! Earn more for your experience, degrees, specializations and educational certifications.
- Flexibility: Choose your hours and set your own schedule.
- We value YOUR expertise: Unlike many services, we are not limited to using only one particular method of teaching or type of currulculum. Rather, we rely on your expertise to guide us in selecting what works best with each student.
- Locally owned and operated: Run by a family of educators, we genuinely care about the success of our students and the fulfillment of our tutors.
- The STUDENTS! Simply-put, On-Track is honored to work with the best students and families around!
Requirements for becoming an On-Track Tutor
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (may be in progress for otherwise strong candidates)
- Minimum college GPA of 3.0, and a 3.5 GPA in the areas in which you'd like to tutor
- Background check and/or Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Availability in the afternoon/evening hours
- Ability to commit to tutoring assignments throughout the entire school year
- Reliable transportation and willingness to tutor in students' homes
- Current or former teaching certification for elementary tutors
- Demonstrated ability to teach concepts as well as content in multiple ways
- A friendly, professional presentation; initiative; and a passion for education!
Current tutors: link to tutor's site here