Our comprehensive test preparation sessions are fast-paced, fun and designed to capture your child’s attention. Taught by highly qualified test preparation instructors, one-on-one instruction ensures individualized attention. Students are taught content, specific skills, and strategies tailored to each student's needs and goals.
Students are given proctored practice exams that closely simulate real testing conditions. This enables us to establish a baseline for student performance, as well as identify strengths and weaknesses to emphasize critical areas for individual improvement. Moreover, research shows that taking practice tests is one of the single most effective ways for students to increase their standardized test scores!
SAT® and ACT® Test Preparation
With On-Track’s SAT and ACT Prep program, students prepare for the SAT or ACT using the most comprehensive study materials available, master the skills and strategies necessary for these highly-competitive exams, and get "on-track!" Most students work one-on-one with a tutor, but students can also form their own small groups at a discounted per-student rate. Either SAT or ACT option includes:
- full-length practice exams, analytic assessment reports
- specialized SAT or ACT textbook & materials
- direct, individualized instruction & practice
- basic skills review, quizzes, and assignments
- specific test-taking strategies
FREE SAT® and ACT® practice tests
Students can take full-length, actual SAT or ACT (retired) tests with no cost or obligation. Students taking practice tests receive a comprehensive diagnostic report, also without charge. All practice tests take place at the On-Track office (click for map) Saturdays from 9:30am-1:30pm (for SAT practice tests) and 10am-2pm (for ACT practice tests). Reserve your spot now—call (480) 563-5588 or email with your chosen test date! Spring 2013 practice test dates:
- January 19
- February 16
- March 23
- April 27
- May 5
HSPT (High School Placement Test) Preparation
One-on-one and small group course options enable your child to prepare and gain confidence for this important entrance exam.
- Our courses are intentionally kept small (8 students max.) to ensure individual attention
- We emphasize both skill and strategy instruction as standardized tests require more than just skill level demonstration
- Full-length practice exams are included. Why are practice tests important?
- They give us an idea of the skill level of each student, enabling us to tailor the course content to meet current student needs
- Practice tests help students with pacing and endurance
- Students gather confidence by understanding what to expect with the actual test
- The initial practice exam gives us a baseline for student performance, and the final test helps us see student progress and any remaining areas students may need to improve upon
Why prepare for the PSAT? The PSAT/NMSQT® (or National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) given each October is great practice for the SAT. The more comfortable students are with this format, the better their SAT scores will be. Additionally, the PSAT can qualify students for a National Merit Scholarship.
Why prepare with On-Track? As with all of On-Track’s programs, our PSAT small group prep courses offer the benefit of personal attention. In combination with the motivation of working with other students, we provide the best of all preparation options, at an affordable, competitive price. On-Track offers the most comprehensive, individualized approach to PSAT prep available!
Read about our tutors
Tutoring success stories